1. MakerDAO has secured $6 billion for treasury bill investments.
2. The investment in US government bonds has propelled the governance coin MKR to its highest level since April 2022.
3. MKR has outperformed other major cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, with a surge of 77% this quarter.
4. MakerDAO’s decision to invest in short-term US Treasuries and corporate bonds has contributed to MKR’s rally.
5. The investment proposal allows MakerDAO to invest up to $6 billion in short-term Treasuries, doubling the existing limit.
6. Rising treasury yields following the Federal Reserve’s indication of higher rates for longer have contributed to MKR’s recent gains.
7. There are signs of a potential slowdown in the MKR rally, with an increase in MKR tokens held on centralized exchanges indicating traders preparing to secure profits.
8. DAI, MakerDAO’s stablecoin, has experienced increased circulation from $3.9 billion to $5.5 billion.
9. MakerDAO introduced an 8% annual yield offer to DAI holders, potentially triggering more buying in short-term Treasuries.
10. The CEO of Monetalis suggests that if the supply of DAI continues to increase, MakerDAO’s T-bill investments could expand significantly.
11. MakerDAO’s investment strategy aims to achieve stability and sustainable yields for the decentralized protocol.
12. MKR has reached an 18-month high, with a 101% year-to-date surge and a peak at $1,590.
13. In the short term, MKR has immediate support levels at $1,430 and $1,341 that bulls must defend.
14. MakerDAO and its ecosystem are poised for further gains with their investment strategy.
15. There is potential for MKR to conclude the year as the top-performing asset if the ongoing rally continues.